Barcelona wasn't what I expected.
For some reason I imagined small cobbled streets filled with little markets with vendors selling antique jewellery alongside crates filled with the largest oranges you had ever seen. But that's not to say I was disappointed-especially when instead we had days filled with gorgeous sunshine, wonderful art and architecture, as well as the magical sound of Spanish music coming from every corner.
As soon as we landed, this exciting city offered us a welcome present in the form of FC Barcelona, with all the footballers lined up waiting for their coach. But sadly (being the die-hard football fans we are) we walked right past them without even a second glance!
After a short train ride from the airport we were right in the heart of the city and overwhelmed by the sheer cosmopolitan lifestyle that surrounded us-tall imposing buildings, large boulevards and designer shops on every corner!
However my favourite part of the city was behind these buildings, where the narrow, stone streets lined with historical, old, characterful buildings, opened up onto squares filled with bakeries, jewellery shops and restaurants. This was the Barcelona I had imagined!



Have you been to Barcelona?
What did you think of this wonderful city?
X
0 comments